Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reminiscing: Sushi Picnic




















Hey folks. So here's another bit of show and tell. Ahh, the sushi picnic that never occurred at Maymont Park, but rather, at my apartment due to fowl weather. I find that when you approach something with little expectation, the more delightful are the surprises that occur.

So. For this event, I planned to roll a large amount of sushi at home to bring it to the park in a cooler. After inviting a bunch of friends via facebook, and I realized that the weather was, well, going to suck. So I mass messaged and mass texted everyone that the picnic would be at my apartment instead. This fall back plan worked out even better than the first. Everyone and more were able to come over since it was closer to campus. When the sushi ran out, the people I taught, taught the others so they could roll their own—which, for them, was a funner and more enriching experience. Jason brought his karaeoke magic mic (not to be stereotypically asian by eating sushi and singing karaeoke, but it was so much fun). We all ate sushi + more food and drink that guests brought and we sang all day and all eventhing until 10. Then we all went to watch Spiderman 3. Yay!

3 comments:

Iric said...

whoa, blast from the past indeed

will conlu said...

you need to update yo blog so i can have some reading material haha.

RLV said...

I miss that place. Invite me when you have another one. I don't even care if it's in NY. I missed you last time I went up, so I don't wanna miss ya again!