Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Seven Random Facts About Myself

So there's this thing going on. Sorta like a chain letter, but instead of being cursed, you just wonder what to write in order to update your blog. I read Aly's blog, and after reading a list of seven random things about her, she tags a few of her friends and readers to do the same. I usually don't do these surveys, but Aly is my friend. And I sort of want to. So let's begin:

Seven
I am 23 years old, yet I look 15.

Six
I miss my family. I feel that I never am able to spend time with them. I've lived in Richmond for 2 1/2 years prior to moving to New York and each visit just doesn't seem as fulfilled as I wish it could be. The last time I saw my father, he had wrinkles and grays that I didn't remember from the time before last I saw him. Sometimes I'm afraid that I will never see them again.

Five
Before the end of this month, I'll be cutting my hair again. Another faux hawk awaits. I've done this three times already. Growing my hair a considerable length and then chopping it all off. This ritual of mine has been the inspiration behind one of my portfolio pieces called "Hair Maintenance."

Four
My internship boss got me a ticket to the Lucie Awards and I'm excited to see some great photography and to hopefully meet some photographers.

Three
I'm progressing in the freelance game. I am the Coordinator of Advanced Design Solutions for a company called KWANT Solutions, and soon the website will be up online. Also, I just created a logo for an organic lingerie company and am on board to create their packaging, website, etc. Last, I am to begin creating a website for a writer from Montreal, who fortunately met and interviewed my favorite artist, Feist.

Two
I still need to find an inexpensive, yellow trench coat so that I can be Jubilee for Halloween.

One
I'm reacquainting myself with my sketchbook. Expect some pretty pictures in upcoming blogs. Thanks for reading to the end.

1 comment:

will conlu said...

maan i dont think im dressing up for halloween. toooo little time! haha maybe i can just make it. hmmm.